Mercenfeld Primary School
Contracted Hrs: 26.67
Working Wks: 39
Grade: Grade 7, Pts 11 to 14
Salary: £13,988 to £14,771 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Do you enjoy supporting children’s learning in the classroom?
Do you have a passion for education and a drive to inspire the pupils we serve?
Are you looking to gain more experience in the classroom?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
A rare exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and well organised Cover Supervisor to join Mercenfeld Primary School on a permanent basis. This is an exciting and varied role, with the chance to work across different age groups and classes in a school with a happy dynamic, which is rapidly improving.
The Cover Supervisor is responsible for supervising whole classes during teacher planning time and absences. The successful candidate will need to be able to assist pupils with their work, respond to questions and uphold standards of behaviour in the classroom. Where cover is not needed, the Cover Supervisor will support with other classroom duties and 1:1 support for children. There will be an expectation to work in EYFS and Key Stage 1; therefore Early Years experience would be preferable although not essential.
We are looking for someone who is creative, enthusiastic, adaptable, sociable, with good communication skills and with the ability to use their own initiative whilst ensuring school policies and protocols are adhered to.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career in education or for someone looking to gain more classroom experience in a primary school setting. Mercenfeld Primary School is made up of many enthusiastic, innovative and very knowledgeable teachers who will be able to provide guidance and support to this role.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold an NVQ Level 2 Teaching and Learning qualification (or equivalent) with experience of supporting teaching and learning in an educational setting.
• Have the ability to work alongside a wide range of colleagues.
• Have strong communication skills.
• Have a passion for supporting young people with a range of additional and often challenging needs.
In return we offer:
• Opportunity to work within a supportive team
• Opportunities for career development with access to apprenticeship and training schemes
• Generous annual leave entitlements
• Access to the generous Local Government Pension Scheme (24% contribution by the employer)
• Employee Support Service (counselling) for employees and close family members (24/7 support)
• Employee Discount and Benefit Scheme
• Opportunity for an annual flu vaccination
If you would like to discuss this post or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head Teacher, Kirstie Randle, prior to applying.
To apply for this position:
1. Apply using the online application form
2. Submit a supporting statement outlining the reasons why you are applying and your suitability for the position
Application Closing Date: 9am, Thursday 21st September 2023
Provisional Interview Date: Monday 25th September 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Bradgate Education Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are therefore expected to be-have in such a way that supports this commitment. As part of the Trust’s shortlisting process, all shortlisted candidates will be subject to an online search as part of our due diligence. Appointment to this post will also be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
WE ARE ALL UNIQUE…
At our Trust inclusion means everyone is welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect. We value individuality and uniqueness and aim to create a sense of belonging. We want an inclusive workplace that helps build the success of our pupils and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Mercenfeld Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.