28th November 2023
OAK Trust is a partnership of five schools in Leicestershire and Leicester City with a shared ethos, common values and collective goals. We do not have a 'lead' school, instead a ...
OAK Trust is a partnership of five schools in Leicestershire and Leicester City with a shared ethos, common values and collective goals. We do not have a 'lead' school, instead a collaborative approach within a framework that encourages and supports a high degree of autonomy for each school, recognising that each school has a particular character and set of strengths.
OAK Trust is committed to providing an inspirational education which allows all our pupils to realise their full potential as learners and citizens through excellent teaching, learning and development of the whole child. We will meet the needs of our unique schools and communities through collaboration, support and challenge.
Vision and Values
We believe that all children should be given the opportunity to achieve to their potential and be supported in unique and bespoke ways to do so. Every child is unique, and our approach is tailored to advancing their own learning journey.
Our learners are ambitious, for themselves and for society. We nurture that ambition by providing a wide and varied curriculum that is experiential, rich, and looks at the ‘art of the possible’.
OAK Academies are based in knowledge rich learning practices. We want all children to be confident in their knowledge, to be able to apply skills to any situations they face, and to be sure of their learning and how they can use it to support their lives, and those of others. Our pupils and students demonstrate an intellectual curiosity that means learning isn’t a function of school, but a matter of every day life.
OAK will support schools and children wherever we can add value. We are not precious about structures, but seek to work in collaboration for the bettering of our education system.
At OAK we’re proud of the role we play in supporting the lives of our pupils and students. We know we’re part of a community, and we’re proud that parents entrust their children to our care – it is something we never forget, and our promise is that we will do everything we can to help create Opportunities, encourage Achievement and to act with Kindness every day.
Our staff are passionate, and engaged in working together, not only across our Trust, but with partners outside our group of schools as well. I’m delighted that our Trust is one where colleagues can flourish and grow their careers, we have two schools where our Headteachers started their careers as NQTs with us.
We currently operate academies across the age range from Foundation through to Key Stage 4, and have some of the highest performing outcomes in the country. This doesn’t happen by chance, and it is to the credit of all the hard work that goes into this, from not just students and their teachers, but also from family commitments as well, and we really value the partnership that we have with our families and wider community.
Our vision is a group of schools that offers incredible opportunities to our students, where everyone achieves to the best of their ability, is inspired for their future, and has the doors opened for their next stage of life, whatever that may be. Our role is to ensure that we can deliver that for our young people.
Our schools are the heartbeat of the Trust, currently located in Leicestershire and Leicester City, with an Infants, a Juniors, two primaries, and one secondary.
We’re proud of our diverse communities, and the family feel that is synonymous with Oak schools. Children are supported to their fullest potential, and able to follow a 3-16 joined up curriculum throughout their entire school career should they wish.
Find out more about our schools below.
- Lifestyle Savings – Access a huge range of savings across the UK’s major retailers
- Home and Electronics – Spread the cost of thousands of technology and home appliances shipped by Currys and John Lewis & Partners
- Cycle to Work – Save up to 43%* on the latest bikes and accessories for your commute to work (savings are realised through a salary sacrifice arrangement. Excluding disposal fee. Figures are a guide only and dependent on personal situation).
- Gym Membership – Get healthy and spread the cost at a choice of over 3,000 gyms
- Health Cash Plan - Spread the cost of your everyday healthcare. Claim cash back when you visit the dentist or optician, plus much more
- Eye Test Vouchers – Eligible staff are able to receive a free eye test every 2 years at their local Specsavers
- Physiotherapy – Access to online advice and exercise programmes
- Counselling & Wellbeing Support - Access to a Wellbeing Resource Library
- Weight Management Support – Access to personal trainer support, links to health apps and gym challenges
- Menopause Support – Support from qualified nurses who specialise in supporting employees regarding menopause
- GP Phone & Video Consultation – Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Cancer & Nurse Support Service – Receive guidance and support from qualified nurses