Oasis Academy Marksbury Road is an all-inclusive Outstanding primary school in Bedminster, Bristol. We admit pupils aged 4-11 of all faiths and backgrounds, and are committed to achieving brilliance for all.
Oasis Academy Marksbury Road opened in September 2015 as new school in the heart of Bristol housed in a state of the art new building. We are a community school in the most literal sense – positioned at the end of Marksbury Road, right in the heart of the community that we serve. We opened with one Reception class and we are now a two-form entry academy with two new Reception classes being added each year. We are proud of our academy – and we are proud to be building a beacon of excellence for the children and families of Bedminster.
Our vision is clear and concise – Building and Achieving Brilliance. At Oasis Academy Marksbury Road we offer the highest quality of education; an exciting and relevant curriculum, the highest standards in teaching and learning, stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments and a commitment to the very best academic outcomes for our children, which grow from the highest of expectations. We know that our children and staff are in the very privileged position to be building and achieving brilliance here, each and every day.
"Building And Achieving Brilliance!"
Oasis Academy Marksbury Road is driven by a powerful ethos which aspires to treat everyone inclusively and recognises the importance of a holistic approach to education. As well as continuing to build a strong school and deliver a first class education, it is also our desire to build an interconnected community, recognising that educational needs do not exist in isolation from the needs of the whole person.
At Oasis Academy Marksbury Road we aim to:
At Oasis Academy Marksbury Road, we believe that our children learn best
Sorry, we are currently not recruiting for any vacancies
We would love you to join our Talent Pool so we can contact you when the right vacancy arises.
As Oasis continues to open transformational Academies across the country, we pioneer new approaches based on a vision to achieve excellence in educational delivery while developing the communities we serve. We do this so that we can become an Outstanding Academy in every way.
We can only do this with the help of passionate, dedicated people. We are looking for people who have the talent to make a difference in both an evolving culture and a fast moving organisation, and who want to make a major impact on young people's lives. If you have the energy, vision and commitment, and if what we’re doing resonates with your thinking, we want to hear from you. Send us your CV now via our Group Talent Pool and say what sort of role you're looking for. By joining our Group Talent Pool we'll know you're interested in working here when a future vacancy occurs.
In return for dedicated, enthusiastic and loyal service, employees can expect to receive the following benefits:
We are very aware that key to our success as a movement is to learn from one another and to equip all our staff and volunteers with the skills and knowledge to transform our communities. We prioritise staff development and offer learning and training opportunities at a local, regional and national level. Whether you are joining us as a member of support staff, NQT or Principal, we want to support and invest in you at every step of your career.
· A strong team structure, rewarded using a nationally agreed pay scale, linked to cost of living.
· A supportive, professional working environment, focusing on individual growth, with regular one to ones.
· Oasis follows the green book agreement on Pay and Conditions recommendations for support staff pay.
· A generous defied benefit pension including death in service cover with the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff and the Teacher’s Pension Scheme for teaching staff.
· Private Health insurance (only available for certain positions).
· Access to a discount shopping website offering deals on gifts, days out, spa days etc.
· Childcare support through a third part salary sacrifice arrangement (Kiddie Vouchers).
· Consideration to those who request family-friendly working patterns and family leave.
· Opportunities to volunteer and be involved in various campaigns run by Oasis, a worldwide charity organisation.
· A free counselling service, including a 24 hour confidential telephone helpline.
· Consideration to those who apply for interest free season ticket loan
· A generous holiday allowance for national support staff, starting at 25 days per year, rising to 30 days after 2 years, and then 31 days after 4 years (plus 8 Bank Holidays).
PASSIONATE about transforming lives, education and communities and ensuring children achieve their full potential
EXCITED about being part of an organisation that is making a real difference
DRIVEN to challenge yourself and achieve your full potential
DEDICATED to ensuring the safeguarding of children
AWARE of the importance of education and the difference it can make to people’s lives
…Then we would love you to join us!
We are privileged to be one of the largest and fastest growing multi-Academy sponsors in England, with over 40 Academy schools opened since 2004.
Our mission is to create and sustain a network of excellent learning communities where pupils can realise their full potential.
We are proud of the progress that Oasis Academies are making towards delivering an exceptional standard of education. Across the Oasis family of Primary Academies, the progress that pupils make is above the national average and, in 2015, this meant that 76% of pupils achieved at least Level 4 in Reading, Writing and Maths.
In Secondary Academies there has been a 14% improvement in the headline attainment measure of 5A*-C including English and Maths despite the more rigorous way this is being calculated.
As well as delivering first-class and innovative education, Oasis builds 'Hubs' in the places it works. Hubs provide integrated and diverse services to benefit the whole community. Through our exceptional education, we can achieve our vision of improving lives by bringing inclusion, opportunity and community transformation.