A new bespoke campus located in Hunsbury, Northampton, Opening in September 2023, Postcode NN4 8QS. (Interim location at OSG Dunstable Campus from May 2023 until 31st August 2023)
Salary Scale: £18,000 Actual (FTE £20,526.31) - £21,130 Actual (FTE £24,105.87) Dependent upon skills and experience
Hours: Full Time (37.5hours per week) (TTO), Permanent
OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world with 126 campuses across 20 countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and interactive Learning Support Assistant on a full time, permanent basis, initially located at our Dunstable Campus site (LU5 4QL) until we relocate to our new bespoke build Hunsbury Campus site (NN4 8QS) scheduled to open in September 2023.
As an LSA, you will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
• To support learning and teaching across the curriculum, particularly for pupils with additional support needs
• To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system of supervision
• Monitor pupil’s progress and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil’s achievement, progress and development.
• To provide learning support within the context of our Self-Directed Learning Philosophy
• Provide pupils with the level and type of support specified by the teacher and LSCO.
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support using knowledge and specialist skills
• To work with pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and develop through the development of their attributes, skills and knowledge
• To work with the LSCO/ RSENCO and other teachers to develop and implement Pupil passports / ILPS/ MSP
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on pupil achievement, progress and other matters
• Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in it’s use, in line with OSG UK ethos and general practice
• Have prior experience as a Learning Support Assistant or a similar role
• Experience of working with children of relevant age in a learning environment
• Knowledge of SEN- Special Educational Needs
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding the classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
• Ensure high standards are maintained, progressed and promoted in all areas of work
• Set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary, staff laptop, company pension, employee assistance programme and staff referral scheme
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career- via our National Teacher Academy
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th March 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing: 27th March 2023
OneSchool Global UK is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Focus School - Dunstable Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.