Reigate School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, inspirational and motivated teacher of Food and Nutrition join our outstanding, oversubscribed school in Reigate, Surrey in September 2023.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers and experienced teachers who have a passion for education, and from applicants with the drive and commitment to deliver outstanding learning. In addition, applicants should:
• Have the passion and commitment to deliver engaging food and nutrition lessons to both KS3+4;
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum; and
• Have excellent classroom management skills with high expectations for achievements and behaviour;
• The ability to teach and technology is an advantage.
Reigate School has an outstanding team of teachers working together to ensure all students have the opportunity to excel in all areas of the curriculum. They are supported by a Trust, Governing Body and Senior Leadership Team who all value the contribution made by every member of staff. There is an excellent support structure in place to support teachers, including:
• Providing 16% non-contact time;
• Employing cover supervisors to minimise cover duties;
• Regularly reviewing the impact marking has on workload;
• Providing support services such as independent counselling and physiotherapy; and
• Investing in our staff through outstanding CPD training and NQT provision.
The closing date for applications is Monday 5th June 2023 at 9am, however please be advised applications will be considered upon receipt and we reserve the right to appoint someone sooner than this if we identify a suitable candidate. Applicants are warmly invited to contact Mr Chris Baston, Reigate Schools Deputy Head, to discuss the role in more depth.
Please be advised an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Reigate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to demonstrably share this commitment.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced CRB check will be required.