We hope that this is the job you have been waiting for - This is an opportunity for an experienced Headteacher to play a leading and dynamic role in the education of children for South Farnham Educational Trust at the Wyke Primary School in Normandy.
South Farnham Educational Trust currently consists of six primary schools and one secondary school, an associate member, a Teaching School Hub and thriving SCITT.
Our Teaching School Hub is one of 87 centres of excellence for teaching training and development in the country. We provide high-quality professional development to teachers in over 300 schools and at each stage of their career (from TA to executive leadership), including outstanding teacher training, delivery of the Early Career Framework, National Professional Qualifications and Appropriate Body services. Our Appropriate Body currently supports and assesses over 260 Early Career Teachers each year and our RSHE Hub has trained over 1,000 schools since June 2020.
South Farnham SCITT is the largest and leading provider of Primary Initial Teacher Training (ITT) in the area. Our Ofsted outstanding provision has also been rated as No.3 in the UK for our School Direct programmes and No.1 in the UK for our employment rates (Good Teacher Training Guide, 2015 and 2017). We train over 170 teachers in schools across Surrey, Hampshire, Sussex, Berkshire and the London Boroughs each year and contribute to ITT at a national level.
Vision and purpose of the Trust
- To create a group of schools that have a shared commitment to ensuring the highest possible outcomes for their children.
- Through close co-operation children, parents and teachers will share professional expertise, training opportunities and facilities to ensure that the whole is greater than the part.
- To create a learning environment where the highest possible standards are a feature of all schools.
- To establish a shared understanding of what works and a reflective, research-based approach to school improvement.
- To celebrate and develop the uniqueness of each school within the MAT family of schools.
We strongly recommend a visit to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please contact Claire Buckton to arrange a visit.
South Farnham Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.