Academic Tutor & Mentor
30 hours per week. Term time only.
Join a team that’s as ambitious as you are.
Believe, Achieve & Care. Support every pupil, whatever their background, to make real progress and achieve their full potential. Be part of a team that’s as ambitious as you are – and bring your talents to St George’s School, a school that’s part of Cidari Multi Academy Trust.
At St George’s, Blackpool, we offer high-quality education in a vibrant, traditional learning environment, where students and staff feel valued and supported. We are passionate about helping every student achieve their full potential in an academic, caring, inclusive community.
High-achieving and oversubscribed, St George’s is renowned for being more than just a school; we are dedicated to nurturing ‘the best from everyone’.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Academic Tutor & Mentor to join us at St George’s. As a member of our staff you will use mentoring skills to boot students' aspirations, confidence, self-belief and motivation.
Why choose St George’s
- Culture of high expectations; teachers can teach and pupils can learn.
- Exceptionally visible senior leadership team.
- A centralised homework system.
- Centralised detention system run by the senior leadership team.
- Strong systems and structures meaning pupils feel safe and secure.
- Great pupils who conduct themselves impeccably.
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources.
- Schemes of work fully resourced and ready.
- Focus on feedback not marking.
- Professional progression opportunities.
- Well-resourced and maintained classroom and buildings.
- No off the shelf strategies; no graded observations; tailored coaching.
Induction to be provided by Virtual School and school setting.
Candidates to be part of Blackpool network of ATMs for support and share of good practice.
Cidari Multi Academy Trust
Cidari Education - Multi Academy Trust, established in November 2013 is a growing education sponsor and part of the Blackburn Diocese. We are committed to providing high quality education for all children in our academies based on clearly established Christian values and principles.
If you are interested in joining a committed and dedicated team and have the ambition to help shape the continuing development of the School and Trust, we would welcome your application.
Closing Date: Wednesday 5th May
Proposed Interview Date: Week commencing Monday 10th May
Applications will only be accepted on a fully completed application form with accompanying supporting letter. CVs will not be accepted.
St George's School A Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.