The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a talented and motivated Head of Year 12 to join our ambitious and Outstanding Academy. As a Head of Year and secondary teacher the successful applicant will be responsible for the daily pastoral and co-curricular life of our pupils. This position would be suited to a candidate with a proven track record of pastoral care, collaborative leadership and skilled communication. We are able to offer key subject responsibilities to the right candidate and as a rapidly developing school, The Kingston Academy will provide you with exceptional opportunities for career development and progression.
The Kingston Academy is new Free Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. The school has recently taken possession of state-of-the-art new facilities and is ideally located North Kingston.
Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. From September 2020 we have over 1000 pupils across the five year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
The successful candidate will have overall pastoral responsibility for the pupils initially within one year group. As such they should possess the following attributes:
- Good honours degree
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and support pupils
- Broad base of subject knowledge
- Proven track record in a pastoral care role in a secondary setting
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to teach across key stages 3, 4 and 5
- Successful training, teaching practice and / or successful prior teaching experience
- Vision of successful classroom practice
- Possess a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Ability to work effectively as part of a curriculum / subject team
- Effective ICT skills
- Ability to maintain good classroom behaviour
- Effective organisational skills e.g. lesson preparation, scheme of work development, meeting deadlines, good record keeping etc.
- Effective inter-personal skills
Please use the link below to apply online for this post.