Welcome to West Lea School, a place where everyone feels truly valued. We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, no matter who they are or where they come from. Catering for students aged 4-19 with special educational needs, our three campuses – Meridian, Haselbury and Learning for Life – equip children with a ‘suitcase’ of skills to help them progress on to further education and into the world of work. While the world provides many obstacles, we believe in tearing down walls and encourage individuals to take risks and believe in themselves.
As a part of a strong community, we support one another both socially and professionally. What makes a community strong is its agreement towards a common goal. ‘Learning for Life’ is at the heart of everything we do, and our values are directly linked to all the work and support that goes on throughout the school community. We are a place of opportunity for growth and experience. Promoting our values of innovation, independence, kindness and inclusion in everything we do, we strive to ensure our students leave West Lea in a position where they feel confident, not only in their academic abilities, but in themselves too.
OUR VISION AND VALUES:
We focus on what each child can achieve and celebrate their successes. Recognising that every one of our pupils has quite specific requirements, we also place great importance on personalised learning. By bringing learning to life through trips, clubs, work experience and other extra-curricular activities, we encourage independence and develop the interests that help prepare each child to take their place in society.
Our vision is to seek an enriched understanding of the needs of our children, so that the response is targeted and effective, delivering the best possible outcomes. Through our experience, and the skills and expertise of the staff at the school, including the thoughts and wishes of our children and their parents, we seek to ensure that:
• Children have access to support groups to help them develop friendships and interests.
• Each child receives high quality teaching, which develops social and self-care skills for future independence.
• Each child feels confident and respected by others and is able to experience success and achievement at every level.
• Each child benefits from physical and emotional wellbeing support to encourage higher levels of enjoyment, achievement, and feelings of value and respect.
What we value
As a school, we believe in working together towards one common goal. Our values are reflected in everything we do, to inspire teachers, pupils, parents and the wider community:
• Community: We believe every person at our school has something to offer, creating a united environment. Our sense of community is founded on the fact that we all must work together to achieve the very best. Sharing a common purpose, each individual plays a key role in helping everyone to feel valued and a part of our ‘big family’.
• Inclusion: We believe in creating a community for everyone, going the extra mile to ensure our children can flourish, no matter who they are or where they come from. We are prepared to take risks to ensure no one finds themselves isolated and alone, and become a place where each child feels part of the school and local community.
• Innovation: We believe in inspiring individuals to become creative thinkers, with the power and potential to make dreams become realities. We aren’t afraid to tear down walls, build bridges and encourage creative, positive and hopeful mindsets that see beyond current realities and ‘dream’ of what can be.
• Kindness: We believe that one act of kindness can change a person’s day and can even change lives. Therefore, we encourage children to always be considerate of other people’s feelings and situations. In a world of judgement and exclusion, we inspire our community to always be caring and kind to others.
Sorry, we are currently not recruiting for any vacancies
We would love you to join our Talent Pool so we can contact you when the right vacancy arises.
We are always looking for practitioners who:
• Have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN including mainstream commissioning support
• Have excellent interpersonal skills;
• Can motivate and inspire pupils to raise standards and progression;
• Want to be members of a creative and dynamic staff team with outstanding expectations for our learners to achieve in life.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful and supportive environment
• Motivated children who are willing to learn
• Well-equipped and resourced classrooms
• An Innovative Learning Centre Continued professional development
• A vision for SEN that will take learning beyond the environment of classroom based learning.
As West Lea is continually evolving, the only true way to experience what we can offer is by coming to see us and discovering why we believe you should apply for this position.
West Lea has an open door policy and we would love to meet you.
Informal visits and enquiries very welcome.
If you're searching for your next teaching post, why not contact us now? You'll be working at a great school and be part of a friendly, helpful team. We're always interested to hear from enthusiastic, committed teachers - send us your CV now via our School Talent Pool and say what sort of role you're looking for.
By joining our School Talent Pool we'll know you're interested in working here when a future vacancy occurs.
Join our School Talent Pool now!
For more information about School Talent Pools visit www.eteach.com