EARLY YEARS CLASS TEACHER
Job Start: Required for September 2022 or ASAP
Salary: Possibility of TLR (Outer London) depending on proven skills
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Thank you for your interest in working at West Lea School. We are seeking a dynamic individual, who will continue to inspire and motivate our staff and support and encourage our pupils to make excellent progress, whatever their starting point or situation. We are looking for a person who can demonstrate vision, resilience and empathy and can evidence the capacity to deliver both high support and high challenge.
We are a ‘values-based’ organisation and, as such, we expect our leaders to embody our values. A teacher at West Lea School is someone who knows what is important to him/her and who uses their values, and those of the school, as a guide and a motivator.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• Has a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEN and can embrace the school’s vision, aims and ethos of ‘Learning for life’.
• Is an exceptionally enthusiastic and committed teacher to manage and motivate children and staff, and can lead, motivate and inspire their class team to raise standards in student outcomes.
• As an early year’s teacher, you’ll need to: motivate and stimulate a child’s learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience.
• Assist with the development of a child’s personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
• Develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
• Encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
• Help children develop curiosity and knowledge
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful, continuously improving, innovative and supportive school in an exciting phase of its development.
• The chance to join a talented, highly committed and supportive staff team.
• The opportunity to participate in a school of independence and opportunity, with an ethos of empowering each child to be as independent as possible.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
Closing Date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interview Dates: Candidates will be invited to interview as and when applications are received.
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.