Job start: Required for Sept 2022 or ASA
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Thank you for your interest in working at West Lea School. We are looking to appoint a qualified English Teacher to work at West Lea School in one of our 4 campuses teaching Post 16 pupils on a range of courses. This will involve teaching English to learners with a variety of needs as well as our Interns as part of an exciting programme which supports young people with SEND into work.
Applications are invited from outstanding teachers who are experienced, enthusiastic, innovative practitioners keen to develop their teaching who will inspire our children. Exceptional newly qualified teachers are also welcome to apply for these roles.
We are a ‘values-based’ organisation and, as such, we expect our teachers to embody our values. A teacher at West Lea School is someone who knows what is important to him/her and who uses their values, and those of the school, as a guide and a motivator. We are seeking an innovative, inspirational and experienced teacher of English who is an exceptional and experienced practitioner, creative and aspirational in your approach and keen to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils.
• To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate courses, lessons and work programmes for pupils across a range of ages and abilities
• To prepare pupils for relevant qualifications ranging from unit awards/ certificates up to Functional Skills and GCSE level
• To maintain assessment records and report on pupil progress to senior staff and to parents and carers, in accordance with school policy
• To manage additional adults within the classroom
• To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as set out in the current edition of the School Teacher’s Pay and Conditions Document
We are looking for practitioners who:
• Have a commitment and passion to work with pupils with a wide and diverse range of SEND including mainstream commissioning support;
• Have excellent interpersonal skills;
• Can lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes;
• Want to be members of a creative and dynamic staff team with outstanding expectations for our learners to achieve in life.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a successful and supportive environment;
• Motivated children who are willing to learn;
• Well-equipped and resourced classrooms;
• Continued professional development.
West Lea School is a popular and successful school. We are very proud of the school community and the way that we work together with the local area and in partnership with both mainstream schools and colleges, in a positive climate where students have every opportunity to thrive and succeed in acquiring a set of skills that enable them to experience “Learning for Life”.
Closing Date: Thursday 24th February 2022
Interview Dates: w/c Monday 28th February 2022
West Lea School, Staff and the governing body are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Our recruitment process is rigorous and appointments made are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, a medical check and satisfactory references.