Teacher of Food & Nutrition
Start Date: 23rd August 2021
We seek an ambitious and highly effective Teacher of Food and Nutrition to join us at Wreake Valley Academy.
The ideal candidate will have a Food degree/ or a food industry background. They will also show a true passion for Food and Nutrition.
Wreake Valley Academy is expanding and looking to develop the current Food department and have a professional kitchen in which students will be able to strive and develop their food knowledge with real life opportunities.
You will have strong classroom management with excellent subject knowledge. You will be able to adapt quickly within the department and be a team player
The ideal candidates will have:
• Qualified teaching status, and a passion for delivering engaging food and nutrition lessons to both KS3+4
• Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• A strong communicator with proven skills in engaging with, inspiring and motivating, and efficiently managing classroom behaviour
• An understanding of the need for equality of opportunity within a changing community
• The ability to plan fun and interactive lessons with a deep understanding of food science and nutrition.
To apply for this position please use the online application form and submit your application along with a supporting statement to explain your suitability and reasons why you are applying for the role.
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 12th April 2021
Provisional Interview Date: W/C 12th April 2021
We look forward to receiving your application!
• We are committed to the safeguarding of our pupils, appointment to this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks being completed, this includes a criminal records (DBS check)
• Candidates must have the right to work in the UK to work for our Trust, you will be asked to provide this evidence if you are shortlisted for interview
• We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of any of the protected characteristics or disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.