At Rowdeford we seek to create an inclusive community, in which each individual is cared for and challenged, by high expectations, to reach their full potential.
To achieve this, we provide a positive and creative learning environment, which incorporates a rich and varied programme of experiences and opportunities, both in school and within the wider community. This enables all students to experience success that can be celebrated and valued, thereby developing a positive attitude to learning and life.
We aim to teach the skills of communication, social awareness and independent living so that our students can establish a meaningful role in society. We believe that it is important to develop students’ confidence and self-esteem, together with appropriate skills, values and attitudes. This can empower them to take full advantage of their life chances, become valued and valuable members of society, and meet the challenges ahead.
Rowdeford School is committed to ensure that all students and staff are given the opportunity to be the best that they can be. We aim to achieve the following using our core values as the vehicle that drives this commitment. Through attending and working at Rowdeford School everybody will:
1. Flourish, develop their interdependence and autonomy, and be prepared for the future
2. Believe in their ability, be the best they can and achieve their full potential
3. Be inspired, have the opportunity to understand the wider world and experience success
4. Be given a voice, be heard and be treated and valued as an individual
5. Have a sense of belonging, feel safe and confident, and learn how to keep themselves and each other safe