FULL TIME POSITION
The Dawnay School
‘Inspiring through excellence’
Are you an enthusiastic and effective primary teacher who is committed to inspiring children of all abilities to reach their potential?
● Do you want to work in an inclusive and caring village school that is situated in the heart of a supportive community with good links to local nurseries and child care providers?
● Do you want to be part of a supportive staff team who are dedicated to their job but know how to have fun?
● Do you want to deepen or develop your leadership skills in a core subject that is linked to the school development plan?.
First and foremost, we seek an experienced teacher, who is looking for a full time teaching role at a new school and who is ready to start a new exciting challenge.
We would welcome applications from teachers with a passion for maths and recent, relevant CPLD relating to the teaching of mathematics. However, we are also interested to meet any teacher with STEM leadership experience. We have a range of CPLD opportunities and career pathways to support you as you develop your leadership skills further.
We are open to discussions about the accommodation of flexible working arrangements.
We understand that finding the right school is essential for a teacher to flourish. Therefore, visits are encouraged to see our school, meet our children and to discuss the role and opportunities we can provide. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
We look forward to hearing from interested applicants.
What we offer our staff:
• A wide range of professional networks, with professional development and leadership opportunities
• Timetabled release time out of class, and where appropriate additional release time for CPD
• Friendly, well-behaved, enthusiastic children
• A very supportive and dedicated team of colleagues and governors
• Forward-thinking leadership team
• A well-resourced school with a passion for art, music, sport, Forest Schools, the outdoors and extra-curricular provision
• An active PTA community
What our children need:
• A teacher with inclusivity at the heart of their approach with the drive, enthusiasm and spark to inspire all children
• A teacher with a high expectation of themselves and others
• A teacher who wants to play a key part in the exciting journey to improve our school
• A teacher who is committed to leading a core subject, developing and sharing their professional skills
• A teacher who thrives on teamwork
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th April 2021. However, we reserve the right to interview and appoint the right candidate before this date. Applications will be shortlisted and invited for interview in the week beginning 3rd May 2021.
The Dawnay School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.