We are looking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and proactive administrator to work as part of our administration team in our busy office environment. This varied role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to learn all aspects within the department, developing their knowledge and skills.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in an administrative role and should have excellent communication and organisational skills. It is important that you have a warm, caring, and professional manner at all times, as you will be dealing face to face with parents and carers on a daily basis. The role will also incorporate dealing with and processing SEND paperwork, so previous experience in this would be beneficial.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully to ensure your personal application statement demonstrates how your skills match what we are looking for.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of schools systems SIMS
- Knowledge of dealing with SEND paperwork is desirable
- Experience working in a busy school office environment
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the office manager and leadership team
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- An excellent communicator with both parents, children and staff
- In possession of A-C in Maths and English in GCSE or equivalent.
- Aware of the importance of confidentiality and safeguarding of children
- Confident with the use of Microsoft Office and ideally some experience of updating and maintaining website content
- Excellent IT skills are essential for this role
About The Greenway School
Greenway Junior School is a four-form entry Junior School in Horsham, where the whole school community is committed to lifelong learning for all. Children at Greenway enjoy actively learning with a vibrant cross curricular approach. Our core values of integrity, courage, aspiration, compassion and respect ensure our pupils become active, positive and resilient young people. We joined GLF Schools at the beginning of this academic year, and we are already benefitting from sharing excellent resources, CPD and practise with other GLF schools
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 41 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Actual salary: £6237.13 (based on 14.5 hours a week)
Hours: 14.5 hours a week, term time only:
3 days a week 10 – 1pm
Tuesdays – 8 – 1.30pm
Therefore 4 days a week in total. Exact days to be discussed at interview, but please note Tuesday is essential.
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2022
Interview date: TBC
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place