Higher Level Teaching Assistant – Alternative Provision
37 hours per week, term-time only (39 weeks)
Fixed Term Contract until August 2024
Salary: Support Staff Scale Point 28 - FTE: £26,053 (pro-rata - £22,395.55)
We have exciting opportunities available for experienced and highly motivated Teaching Support Assistants to join our team within the 14-16 provision at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College until the end of the academic year.
Working in conjunction with teaching and student services colleagues, the team provide a wide range of support and skills development across our student population and the work is always exciting, interesting and rewarding. As well as providing in class support, you will be expected to deliver literacy and study skills development packages to individual students & groups of students in the College’s centre for indiviualised learning.
Ideally, you should:
• Be well motivated, passionate and well organised;
• Have significant knowledge of Safeguarding and Prevent;
• Have Grade C passes in English and Maths, or equivalent;
• Have a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Qualification or willingness to undertake one;
• Have experience in delivering high quality learning support activities to post 16 students and adults.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service application.
Closing Date: 4th December 2023 at 12pm
Interview Date: 12th December 2023
Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.