Assistant Academy Business Manager
37hrs per week - (working hours are somewhat negotiable - part time or job share considered for the right candidate)
Grade 11 - Grade 10 (£26,446-£33,486 p/a (£13.71-£17.36 p/h) pro rata) - Dependent on experience
Are you looking for your next career progression within business and in particular business management within an Academy? Well take a look at what we can offer you at this exciting time for us. This post completes our vision for the business structure and will be a key role in supporting the Academy through its future developments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Assistant Business Manager to support the Head Teacher and Director of Business & Finance in delivering certain core business services (finance, hr, payroll, estates, health and safety, GDPR compliance, business improvement, marketing, IT, Governance).
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working in a finance/business environment, with particular focus on budget setting and budgetary control, and producing/analysing data, HR, Recruitment and Payroll or Estates, compliance and H&S.
• Have experience of managing diaries.
• Possess excellent organisational skills and be able to plan, prioritise, implement and monitor complex tasks under pressure and to deadlines.
• Be IT literate and have a good working knowledge of MS Office/spreadsheets.
• Be willing to develop further within the role.
To be considered for this position of Assistant Business Manager you must:
• Have experience in a finance/business/HR role.
• Have a real passion and 'can-do' attitude for supporting the Academy.
• Be inspired by a high-paced and dynamic working environment.
The post will appeal to an enthusiastic and conscientious person looking to take their next step in business management to develop a career in a school/academy. Therefore, if you have the necessary relevant experience, motivation and relish the challenge of a demanding role we want to hear from you.
Selwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In line with Safer Recruitment all our posts require an enhanced criminal background check via the disclosure procedure and are subject to pre-employment checks. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.