Behaviour & Inclusion Support Specialist - to start asap / September 2022
32 hours per week. Term time only, plus 3 additional weeks, to include Inset days. Grade 12 point 16 £12.66 per hour. Full or part time applications will be considered.
We are pleased to be able to advertise for the highly rewarding position of Behaviour & Inclusion Support Specialist at Selwood Academy. The purpose of the role is to assist the academy in the development and implementation of programmes of work and intervention for children who require social and emotional support. To support and shape the provision in a stable, caring and supportive way which enables pupils to fully access the learning environment. Ideally with a specialism in SEMH.
“Selwood is a good school. Pupils at the school are extremely polite and accommodating…. Pupils are enthusiastic in their learning …. There is a real sense of fun at the school …… The range of opportunities provided by the school enhances the quality of pupils’ education” (Ofsted June 2017) and in 2019 the Academy received a section 48 SIAMS inspection in which it was judged as “Excellent.”
The successful candidate would be required to lead interventions with individuals and small groups of pupils in Years 5 - 8, working alongside colleagues to design, deliver and assess the outcomes of intervention work. You may also be required to cover whole lessons on occasion.
We require someone who:
• At least 2 years’ experience in the classroom
• Excellent classroom and behaviour management
• Has a Level 3/4 in a relevant qualification
• Experience in delivering interventions
• A commitment to supporting and developing learning programmes for individuals and groups of pupils
• Can effectively lead the planning and delivery of small-group intervention sessions as and when appropriate
• Supports the school’s vision and values
• Displays a clear vision and passion in their role and can motivate those around them.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills.
• Has some experience in line management.
We are able to offer you an energetic and enthusiastic team, an exciting curriculum model and opportunities to develop your role through effective professional support. We are rich and diverse in our extra curriculum activities and constantly seek excellence in all aspects of our school life. This is a warm, friendly and supportive school, which values staff CPD and professional development. Other opportunities to develop further are often available for the right candidate eg forest school, tutor responsibilities etc
Selwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In line with Safer Recruitment all our posts require an enhanced criminal background check via the disclosure procedure and are subject to pre-employment checks. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.