We are pleased to be able to advertise for the highly rewarding position of SEMH Lead within our inclusive and friendly Inclusion Team at Selwood Academy. The role requires a leader in the development and implementation of programmes of work and interventions for children who require social and emotional support. The post holder will support and shape SEMH provision in a stable, caring and supportive way which enables pupils to fully access their potential and to flourish in accordance with the academy’s vision for all children.
“Selwood is a good school. Pupils at the school are extremely polite and accommodating…. Pupils are enthusiastic in their learning …. There is a real sense of fun at the school …… The range of opportunities provided by the school enhances the quality of pupils’ education” (Ofsted June 2017) and in 2019 the Academy received a section 48 SIAMS inspection in which it was judged as “Excellent.”
The successful candidate is be required to lead interventions with individuals and small groups of pupils in Years 5 - 8, working alongside colleagues to design, deliver and assess the outcomes of intervention work as well as at times supporting in classrooms. They will have a creative approach to engaging pupils and strong interpersonal skills with which to develop relationships. They will be motivated and demonstrate a pro-active and resilient attitude to inclusion.
We require someone who has:
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children or with adults with learning needs
- Excellent classroom and behaviour management
- Experience in delivering interventions/sessions
- A commitment to supporting and developing learning programmes for individuals and groups of pupils
- Can effectively lead the planning and delivery of small-group intervention sessions as and when appropriate
- Supports the school’s vision and values
- Displays a clear passion for their role and can motivate those around them.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisation and communication skills.
- Has some experience in line management.
- A high standard of professional conduct
We are able to offer you a supportive team, who listen to your ideas and work with you to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils. We have an exciting curriculum model and our staff enjoy working with children. We have a strong behaviour policy and Ofsted commented on our calm and purposeful learning environment. We are rich and diverse in our extra curriculum activities and constantly seek excellence in all aspects of our school life. This is a warm, friendly and supportive school, which values staff CPD and professional development. Opportunities to develop further are often available for the right candidate eg forest school, tutor responsibilities etc
Shortlisting: 31 January
Interviews: 10 February
Selwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In line with Safer Recruitment all our posts require an enhanced criminal background check via the disclosure procedure and are subject to pre-employment checks. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.