2 x L2 Teaching Assistants with a specific or primary focus on pupils with additional needs.
We are looking for two enthusiastic and motivated individuals to work as L2 Teaching Assistants at Abbey Mead Primary Academy, part of The Mead Educational Trust. The successful candidates will be based either in EYFS or KS1 with a primary focus supporting pupils with additional needs on a 1:1 basis.
You will mainly be required to work with individual pupils with special educational needs to provide both care and encouragement, supporting them to participate in planned learning activities and to support their physical, intellectual, emotional and social development..
These roles are especially rewarding, enabling successful candidates to support and advance the learning of SEND pupils through in class support, or within a specially designated learning hub.
2 x Temporary 1 year contracts – 27.5 hours per week – term time only + three training days
We are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and energetic Teaching Assistants to work either on a 1:1 basis or with pupils in very small groups
- A demonstrable commitment to ensuring all children make excellent progress.
- Individuals who can demonstrate care and compassion for our pupils and their families.
- Team players who can develop excellent relationships across our school community.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in a school with high academic expectations.
- An opportunity to work with children who are enthusiastic and motivated to learn.
- A school based in a part of the city with a distinct and vibrant cultural identity.
- A dedicated and professional staff to support you.
- An excellent professional network across The Mead Educational Trust.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (desirable).
- Previous teaching assistant experience or a current formal qualification relating to Supporting Education
- An ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- A proactive attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Closing date: Wednesday 10am on the 17th August 2022
Interviews: 22nd or 23rd of August 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.