At Edison our core purpose is to build on children’s curiosity, knowledge, confidence, enthusiasm and all-round abilities towards independent learning. We endeavour to help each individual child in their journey to grow into active, responsible and successful young adults who are able to make the choices necessary to shape their own future. We are an open, welcoming school where efforts are valued, ambition is nurtured and where the potential of every child is realised.
Furthermore, at Edison we will develop citizens who have a strong sense of right and wrong, in an age when the media brings the world to their homes. We challenge pupils to think for themselves.
Our core principles:
- High expectations and challenge for all pupils
- Visible Science and Practical learning
- Broad curriculum, achievable due to increased length of school day
- Strong parent partnership
- Learning outside the classroom