So, what are the benefits of working for a school in the GLF family of schools? We are a group of schools rooted in providing the best possible education for children and we are not motivated by ‘making a profit’. This means we enable each Headteacher and their team of leaders to ensure that the work of their school is of the highest standard allowing children and young people to have high aspirations. We continually offer excellent CPD opportunities as well as supported career development across the family of schools. Over the past three years, we have trained and developed 15 leaders who have been promoted to headship, deputy headship, assistant headship and school business managers. Our family of schools regularly network and collaborate to share insight, expertise and best practice not only within our own family but also beyond. (For example last term, Glyn School hosted an Independent Thinking ‘Big Day Out’, where some of the UK’s leading educational innovators, thinkers, authors and practitioners came together to share ideas, insights and strategies.)
As a part of GLF Schools, you will have access to a huge network of support including:
- Support challenge meetings
- Data analysis and target setting
- Ofsted preparation
- Coaching and support for teachers
- Leadership development
- Middle leadership
- Leadership Review
- Mock Ofsted
- Regular Forums
Headteachers, School Business Managers, Leading Practitioners, Outstanding Teachers, NQTs, English, Science, Maths...and more We welcome teachers of the highest standard, who are enthusiastic, motivated and knowledgeable in order to provide an environment that facilitates developed learning. Creating the next generation at Glyn School Our leadership development programmes, developed as a Training School and now a National Teaching School, are of a very high quality and have contributed to the awards of Investors in People, Investors in Careers, Leading Edge status and being invited to be a member of the Leadership Partner Schools Network. Glyn Teaching School is registered as an NQT Awarding Body. We are delighted that Glyn School has been designated National Teaching School as part of Cohort 4; one of only 500 to have this designation in the country.
The designation acknowledges our long standing commitment to raising standards, professional development and school to school support (or supporting other schools). This is the latest accreditation for the school which includes Leading Edge (2012) and our National Support School status gained in 2010. Teaching Schools must deliver in six areas, referred to as the Big 6:
1. Play a greater role in recruiting and training new entrants to the profession (Initial Teacher Training)
2. Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Continuing Professional Development)
3. Identify and develop leadership potential (Succession Planning and Talent Management)Provide support for other schools (School to School)
4. Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
5. Engage in Research and Development activity National Support School status was awarded in recognition of the quality of leadership for schools, at all levels. This means that subject leadership, key stage leadership, pastoral leadership, support staff leadership as well as school leadership has been assessed as outstanding. Leading Practitioners Programme The programme develops learning and teaching within the GLF schools. Once an accreditation process has been completed, Lead Practitioners lead and work on aspects of learning and teaching within a designated subject area of the school, with the sole aim of developing student progress – both through their own practice, and developing the practice of others.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? At GLF Schools, we wish to work with dynamic and passionate individuals who are committed to enable our children and young people to Grow, Learn and Flourish. If that sounds like you, why not send us your CV now via our group Talent Pool and let us know what sort of role you're looking for and we'll know you're interested in working with us when a future vacancy occurs.