For jobseekersOur dedicated team can support you in finding permanent, long-term or day-to-day supply work for teaching, SEN and support roles both in the UK and international schools.
- About Us
Supply Teacher Code of Practice
Supply teachers are the superheroes of teachers, swooping in to save the day, on the day! Make the best impression with our Code of Practice.
here's our winning Code of Practice for super supply teachers.
- Always arrive punctually – inform the school immediately of any travel delays.
- Maintain professional standards of dress and appropriate behaviour whilst in schools.
- Keep up-to-date on National Curriculum issues and your subject specialisms.
- Teach and supervise classes effectively, to the best of your ability.
- Prepare lessons when known, or teach the lessons provided by the school as appropriate.
- Provide your own materials and classroom resources so that you are able to ‘stand alone’ in emergency bookings.
- For advance bookings, where information is available, make the necessary preparations to deliver relevant lessons to your classes.
- Mark any written work by primary classes before leaving at the end of each day.
- Mark the written work that you have set in secondary schools, where applicable.
- Leave notes for permanent teachers where appropriate.
- Carry out reasonable requests made by the Head or supervising teacher, including tasks like playground or lunch duty etc.
- Contact the eTeach supply team.
Interested to know more about working with eTeach’s supply team? Find out more and register your interest here.