School Aims & Principles
Eyres Monsell Primary School is a learning community and we undertake to:
* Value all people equally and work to enhance self esteem and a sense of personal worth and dignity.
* Value and utilise the positive experience and knowledge that pupils and adults bring into school.
* Encourage the learning of good manners and common decency in personal relationships.
* Enable pupils to become increasingly more active and responsible for their own learning, to recognise the challenge of learning and develop the confidence and motivation to pursue it.
* Encourage co-operation and the sharing of ideas in planning and learning situations through trial and error and to experience satisfaction from individual achievement.
* Encourage parents and members of the local community to become active participants in the children’s learning.
* Create a climate which fosters challenge, constructive debate, broadens horizons and allows potential to be realised.
* Work positively to eliminate discriminatory practices and attitudes. All pupils are entitled to a planned, high quality curriculum which aims to:
*Enable children to recognise their potential and achieve the highest standards.
* Develop in pupils the confidence and motivation to solve problems, ask questions and plan, both within a group and individually. * Develop independence and confidence.
* Ensure all pupils have a breadth of experience and are challenged.
* Be balanced, show continuity and breadth and be relevant to their needs.
* Help pupils apply their learning in new situations both inside and outside school.
* Actively encourage pupils to work in a mutually supportive way and challenge racist, sexist and discriminatory attitudes.
* Promote and actively encourage positive behaviour towards others.
* Encourage children to become responsible citizens and active members of their community.