Farmor's School serves a predominantly rural area which includes some of the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds. We have close links with our primary schools in Bibury, Down Ampney, Fairford, Hatherop, Kempsford, Meysey Hampton, Southrop and St Lawrence, Lechlade. We also have a significant intake from St Sampson's, Ampney Crucis, Wiltshire and from the independent sector. The school is situated in beautiful parkland, within walking distance of the centre of Fairford. The eighteen acre grounds are well maintained by our site staff and include a modern and well-equipped sports hall. Farmor's School was founded in 1738 with money left by Miss Elizabeth Farmor and Miss Mary Barker to educate fifty boys in Fairford. In 1815 girls were admitted into the school but they were kept separate from the boys. In 1922 the school became co-educational. The school moved to its present site in 1961 and became an 11-18 comprehensive school in 1966. Farmor's converted to Academy status in August 2011. A successful bid to the Education Funding Agency (EFA) during 2013 meant that work could start on a new Learning Resource Centre for Sixth Form. The building opened for business in January 2014. A very welcome addition for both students and staff. At Farmor's we are very proud of our pastoral system and how we endeavour to develop the whole person ready for life beyond school and education. Initially each student is placed in a tutor group and is registered in this group at the beginning of the day. The Form Tutor is responsible for ensuring that the students' pastoral needs are looked after and that any difficulties which may get in the way of the learning process are addressed. If parents have any concern about progress they should contact the Form Tutor in the first instance.