At Sacred Heart, we aim to develop a caring Catholic Community based upon the life and example of Jesus Christ, which envelopes the life and lives of everyone and everything in our school.
It is through his message of love and forgiveness that children, staff, both teachers and ancillary, parents and governors, preserve the essential Catholic ethos of the school. We aim to assure all children that they are valued and they in turn are encouraged to show respect and value each other and the community.
Our School Aims
Our basic objective is to help each child reach his/her maximum potential within a happy Christian environment.
Our aims are: To create a happy, stimulating and caring Christian environment which will herald the message of Christ within the community and where each child will feel confident and secure.
- To help children to learn that courtesy, good manners, tolerance and helping each other are essential qualities for life.
- To teach a command of basic English and the ability to communicate well through the spoken and written word.
- To encourage an enjoyment of reading.
- To develop a sound knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical concepts and operations.
- To teach skills in handwriting, design and technology and other creative arts.
- To develop an enjoyment of physical activities, drama, movement and mime, together with a range of recreational games and skills.
- To encourage an enquiring mind through the provision of a stimulating
- environment in which both pupil and teacher can develop his/her knowledge, skills and values.