St Mary's Catholic Federation, Carshaton promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with children to:
Be inspired by gospel values, educated in our Catholic faith tradition through attitude and example, and have opportunities for celebration, prayer and reflection to ensure future spiritual growth and development.
- Provide the necessary skills and knowledge that will help them to grow in the knowledge and love of God and of one's neighbour.
- Encourage in our children an understanding of their own value and importance as individuals, to promote their spiritual growth and social development so that they can learn to give and share as well as receive.
- Encourage their sense of awe and wonder so they develop enquiring minds, a capacity to question and argue rationally and the ability to collaborate and apply themselves to independent tasks with perseverance, thereby becoming motivated life long learners.
- Have high self-esteem with a sense of responsibility – respecting themselves, others of different cultures, backgrounds and faiths and the environment
- Become effective communicators with the ability to express themselves with confidence.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum in which high standards are achieved.
- Become flexible and adaptable gaining appropriate technological skills to prepare them for adult life in the modern world.
- To ensure equality of opportunity for all.