St Mary's Catholic Federation consists of an infant and junior school for girls and boys between the ages of 4 and 11 years. The schools lie within the Archdiocese of Southwark and in the pastoral area of South West London.
In 1890 a Catholic school was opened in Sutton where it was attached to the Church of Our Lady of the Rosary. Four years later, the numbers of pupils having increased, new accommodation was provided in the grounds of Carshalton House in Shorts Road. The School thrived in these premises until 1966 when the infants were separated from the juniors and the infants' school was established on its present site in West Street. The junior school remained in the Shorts Road premises until 1980 when the school moved to its present modem location, which was originally St Philomena's prep school.